The Parklands Christian College Student Device Program is compulsory for all students in Years 5-12.
- Payments will be made over a 10 month period.
- Term of Agreement is 3 years (30 months of scheduled payments).
- The College will provide:
- A protective case and laptop bag for the MacBook Airs.
- A protective keyboard case for iPads.
- Students may purchase additional accessories that assist with learning.
- Deliberate damage to accessories may incur a replacement charge.
- The software on these computers will be managed by the College.
- The IT Department will have the ability to
- Manage software settings and updates.
- Deny or limit the use of some applications or hardware if it detracts from the students learning.
- 24×7 internet filtering and security software will be in place, monitoring all activity on the device for the students’ safety.
- If a student leaves during the term of the device agreement for any reason, payments will cease after the device is returned to the College in good condition.
- All students will be issued with a school managed iCloud account that contains 200GB of cloud storage.
- If a student has used their school email address as their Apple ID for an existing account, they will be prompted to change their existing Apple ID to a personal email address instead.
- Apple MacBook Airs have fixed price repairs as follows. This cost will be passed on to parents.
- Damaged screens or external enclosure damage – $149.
- Internal damage or total machine repair – $429.
- Apple iPads have a fixed price repair of
- $65 for any internal or external damage.
- Device repairs will be authorised and carried out via the Parklands IT Department. Loan devices may be available while repairs take place.
- Deliberate damage or more than 2 repairs in a one year period may incur a replacement charge.
- Buy back is offered on MacBook Airs only and is only available at the conclusion of the 3 year cycle.
- A residual payment amount will be determined by the College and is subject to change each year.
- Once a MacBook is purchased from the College, the device is not the responsibility of the College and support, warranty, and insurance is not offered on these devices.
- Software is not provided on buyback devices.
- The current buy back cost will be $275.
MACBOOK AIR ACCESSORIES AND SOFTWARE:
- DUX STM Protective Case (RRP $69.95)
- Targus Armoured Notebook Laptop Bag (RRP $99.95)
- 24×7 Internet Filtering for 3 Years (RRP $207.00)Security
- Software for 3 Years (RRP $239.85)
- Device Management Software for 3 years (RRP $75.00)
- Total Value $2,289.75.
Your cost $1,350 over 3 years, with option to purchase for an additional $275, Total $1,625.00.
iPad – Year 5 & 6
- Year 5 & 6 students return iPads at the conclusion of Year 6.
- IT Levy – $25 per month/$250 per year over 2 years.
MacBook Air – Years 7-12
- 2023 – rollout to Years 7-11 only.
- 2023 – Year 12 students will continue with iPad or BYO device.
- Students will retain the Macbook for a 3 year period.
- Year 10-12 students will return the MacBook Air at the conclusion of Year 12.
- IT Levy – $45 per month/$450 per year over 3 years.