At Parklands, we value the safety of everyone on our site. To this end, we expect all students, guests and contractors to comply with our emergency procedures and follow the instruction of our staff/wardens.
Emergency Phone Procedures
Parklands Christian College supports the recommendation of the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia, that all children should be immunised, unless there is a clear medical reason as to why this should not occur.
- In the case of an accident and it is deemed necessary to call an ambulance, the parents will be notified.
- Not all accidents will be home communicated
- When an accident is deemed serious, but not worthy of referral to a medical practitioner, an incident form will be filled out and kept on file.
If a student is ill during a school day they should report to their teacher who may send them to the First Aid Officer (Student Services). In most cases, a child will be sent home if they are feeling sick or become distressed, or sustain an injury that causes them distress.
- Medication should not be carried by students during the school day. All prescribed medication must be given to the First Aid Officer (Student Services) on arrival in the morning and should be administered by the First Aid Officer only.
- Paracetamol is not provided at any time by the College.
- Ventolin and EpiPen are to be carried if required by the student.
- If a student has a known medical condition eg. anaphylactic or allergic, the College must be notified and an emergency plan generated.
When students are ill, we believe the best place for them is at home. Please do not send sick children to school. If a student becomes ill or injured at College, efforts will be made to contact parents who will be asked to collect their child from the College. In the ordinary course of events, the College will not assume responsibility to take children to a medical practitioner. However, in cases of emergency, every effort will be made to contact the parents and put the child into the care of a professional.
© Parklands Christian College. All rights reserved 2022. Designed and developed by Media Muscle