1. Parklands Christian College bases its teachings and beliefs on the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, which the School regards as the inspired and inerrant Word of God. These teachings are expounded in many of Parklands Christian College's public and internal documents, both printed and on the school's website, and viewable by staff as part of their appointment process. These documents inform our understanding of the lifestyle values which staff who work in this school are required (subject to the provisions of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 [the Act]) to respect and maintain at all times, and should be understood as source documents, defining our doctrines, tenets, beliefs or teachings.
2. All staff of Parklands Christian College, regardless of their role, are required to be seen to conduct themselves in the course of, or in connection with their work, in a manner consistent with these principles and beliefs and in accordance with the Christian ethics of the School, as contained and interpreted in these documents, thus providing a specifically Christian role model and example to all the families associated with the School.
3. It is a genuine occupational requirement (subject to the provisions of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1991 ) of Parklands Christian College that, consistent with the Act, staff members must not act in a way that they know, or ought reasonably to know, is contrary to the religious beliefs of Parklands Christian College. Nothing in their deliberate conduct should be incompatible with the intrinsic character of their position, especially, but not only, in relation to the expression of human sexuality through heterosexual, monogamous relationships, expressed intimately through marriage.
4. Staff are required to regularly and frequently attend a Christian church and to regularly and frequently support Staff Devotions and Staff Worship Services.
5. Where any staff member acts contrary to these lifestyle requirements, the Principal may attempt restoration, counsel, discipline and dismiss the employee.