We wish to provide our students with experiences that shape their perceptions and inspire them to actively love and care for those less fortunate than themselves. Through education and service we equip our students to fight poverty and injustice, and encourage them to participate and raise awareness of these challenges both global and local.
Cambodia Missions Trip
The Cambodia Missions Trip is a unique opportunity for our Grades 10, 11 & 12 male and female students to serve those less fortunate than themselves, and in turn be transformed through the experience of caring for those in need. This 14 day trip is run every Spring Break, taking a team of students and teachers to Cambodia to work alongside an Australian registered Christian NGO (Non Government Organisation) Rawimpact.
Traditionally there are two components of this trip:
- Cultural Immersion – Our team travel through Cambodia together learning about the history of the country, experiencing the culture, sampling different foods, and visiting some prominent tourist destinations. This portion of the trip is dedicated to cultural immersion, education and team building, and is an exciting and important part of our travels.
- Service and Care – The bulk of the trip is dedicated to serving in 2 small villages in Cambodia. Taskor village is just outside of Phnom Penh, and Koki village is situated 5 hours north. We partner with Rawimpact, serving in these 2 communities by inspiring local families currently living in slum conditions at a grass roots level. Our team participates with sustainable building, innovative agricultural projects and educational programs at the SALT School at Taskor. Our 2014 & 2015 mission teams played an integral role in the construction and opening of the SALT School.
Applying for trip:
- Attend the Cambodia Missions Trip Information Evening or contact Mrs Amanda Young for more information.
- Pay your deposit – This is usually a deposit of $400 made to our administration.
- Submit your Parent Consent Form.
- Collect a Missions Trip Student Application Form – This will need to be completed promptly. Your application will not be considered if this form is not signed off by the relevant staff.
- Finally all applicants will be interviewed by Mrs Amanda Young, Missions Coordinator.
- Upon successful acceptance you will be issued with a payment schedule, a list of due dates for medical forms and pre-trip classes and given access to your EVERY DAY HERO fundraising page.