We wish to provide our students with experiences that shape their perceptions and inspire them to actively love and care for those less fortunate than themselves. We want to equip our students to fight poverty and injustice, and challenge them to raise awareness and participate in challenges both global and local.
Cambodia Missions Trip
The Cambodia Missions Trip is a unique opportunity for our Grades 10, 11 & 12, male and female students to serve those less fortunate than themselves, and in turn be transformed by the power of caring for those in need. This 13 day trip is run every Spring Break, taking no more than 24 students and teachers to Vietnam and Cambodia.
Traditionally there are two components of this trip:
- Cultural Immersion – Our team travel through Vietnam together, experiencing the culture, sampling different foods, and visiting some prominent tourist destinations. This portion of the trip is dedicated to cultural immersion and team building, and is an exciting start to our travels.
- Service and Care – The bulk of the trip is dedicated to serving in a small village just outside of Phnom Penh. We partner with RAW Impact, serving in SALT School(Serving, Assisting, Leading, Teaching). Typically the males and females spend this portion of the trip apart, serving in different capacities throughout the school and local communities. Generally, the female students and leaders will serve in the school, spending time with the students and their teachers, while the males participate in a building project.
Applying for trip:
- Attend the Cambodia Missions Trip Information Evening or contact Mrs Amanda Young to collect the consent and application forms.
- Pay your deposit – This is usually a deposit of $250 made to our administration.
- Submit your Consent Form.
- Collect a Missions Trip Application Form – This will needs to be completed promptly. Your application will not be considered if this form is not signed off by the relevant staff.
- Upon successsful acceptance you will be issued with a payment schedule, a list of due dates for medical forms and pre-trip classes and given access to your EVERY DAY HERO fundraising page.